The Redstone Group is proud to welcome you to the beautiful and inviting neighborhoods of Arlington, VA. Read on to learn more about the wonderful living opportunities here.
Arlington is a county located in Northern Virginia, just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC, Having no incorporated towns or cities within its borders, it is also considered as a principal city of the Washington metropolitan area. With a population of approximately 235,000, it is the sixth most populous county in the Commonwealth.
Arlington boasts of an outstanding quality of life – perhaps the best that anyone can find in the United States. Niche.com lists it as the #1 Best City to Live in America, topping 230 other US locales. Arlington attracts scores of Washington, DC metro professionals with a thriving economy, top-rated local schools, and a community with a genuine appreciation for health and wellness. Residents also enjoy a diverse range of all-ages recreational sports, a lively nightlife, and convenient public transportation systems.
Homes for sale in Arlington, VA
The Arlington housing market has something for every type of home buyer. It has an interesting mix of single-family homes, condominium buildings, and townhouse rows.
Arlington is a place where old meets new. Here, you will find an impressive display of preserved and restored historic estate properties complemented by more modern construction. The diversity in architectural styles reflects Arlington’s journey throughout history.
The selection of house styles will impress you – from majestic colonial homes, to timeless Craftsman bungalows, Cape Cods, and ranch houses, to contemporary single-family homes nestled in “urban village”-style neighborhoods. You can also find sleek, high-rise condo and apartment buildings in Arlington’s vibrant downtown areas.
Whether or not you own a century-old home, one thing is for sure: living in Arlington, VA comes with a distinct sense of prestige because of the area’s deep ties to the nation’s long and rich history.
Looking for the right Arlington neighborhood? Here are some of the most coveted locales:
This affluent neighborhood is a top choice among Arlington, VA home buyers. It boasts of stately homes, walkable tree-lined streets, and lovely open spaces.
Known as the Washington metro’s innovation hub, this hip and sophisticated area is popular among DC professionals.
Popular for its lively nightlife, this urban village sets the bar for contemporary city living.
This is one of the most desired communities for buyers looking for single-family homes. It is also home to one of the newest and most promising schools in Arlington, Discovery Elementary School.
Excellent homes with great views? Find them here, where some of the most picturesque angles of the Washington, DC skyline can be viewed from your very own balcony.
This neighborhood shines with an authentic small-town feel in the heart of the Washington metro’s urban sprawl. It stands out with an abundance of green spaces, pleasant and pedestrian-friendly streets, and a warm community vibe.
Living in Arlington, VA
- Arlington, VA is one of the most affluent places in the United States. The cost of living here is 92 percent higher than the national average. The median household income here ($105,120 per year) is nearly double the US average ($53,482 per year).
- Economic opportunities abound in Arlington. Over the next 10 years, the area is projected to experience up to 1 percent job growth, which is higher than the national average of 33.5 percent.
- The Arlington Public Schools system operates 24 elementary schools, six middle schools, and 12 high schools. There are also 19 private schools as of the 2018-19 school year. Various tertiary level institutions have campuses in Arlington, including Marymount University, George Mason University, Georgetown University, and DeVry University. Virginia Tech also has a state-of-the-art research center here.
- Having once been part of the nation’s capital, some of the most iconic American landmarks are found in and around Arlington, VA. Attractions include the United States Marine Corps (Iwo Jima) Memorial – located in the Arlington National Cemetery – and The Pentagon.
- There is never any shortage of fun things to do in Arlington, VA. From the myriad shopping, dining, and entertainment options at The Village at Shirlington, to the wide range of outdoor adventures, to some of the best Fourth of July celebrations you will ever witness, getting bored is the last thing you have to worry about when you live in Arlington.
Arlington is fast becoming one of the best places to live in the DC metro area, not just for families, professionals, and seniors, but for millennials as well. It is located right across Washington DC, offers a lively collection of local shopping, dining, and entertainment options, and there is also an entire host of facilities and sites where you can learn more about Arlington’s past and how it became such an outstanding city. Don’t forget the pathwork of vibrant neighborhoods, which you can explore on foot easily. If you are a millennial looking to live in DC, click here for five reasons why Arlington should be your home.
With a rich and diverse culture, rich nightlife, and top-notch public schools, it’s no wonder Arlington, VA has been ranked as one of the best places to live in the country by numerous online ranking sites.Click here to learn more about what makes Arlington such anincredible place to live. Read more..
Want to learn more about Arlington, VA? Check back here regularly to find excellent resources and local community updates: